D’Alembert betting system
This gaming strategy took its name from the philosopher and mathematician Jean d’Alembert. It can be applied in the game of roulette and, differently from the classical betting system, this can be applied both when you are winning or losing and allows players to make a balance between the deficits and the winning bets of a match.
As most of the betting systems, this strategy concerns the roulette matches with simple chances. It is easy to apply and really popular, for advanced players as well as for beginners.
The principle of the d’Alambert betting system
This betting system consists in increasing you bet of a unit in case you are losing and decreasing it of a unit in case you are winning.
The main advantage given by this gaming technique is it allows players to counterbalance the losses with the winning turns. If the number of defeats is the same as the number of the winning turns, the player wins a half-unit every turn. Thus, even if the player has undergone losses during the match, they are balances with the victories.
However, you need to take into account some potential disadvantages when applying this betting system.
In particular, differently from the classical betting system, one single winning turn is not enough to get some amounts. With the d’Alambert betting system, players stop their bets to the limit they have fixed themselves: they do not have enough bets to make this gaming strategy profitable and effective enough to cover the deficits.
You need therefore to be wise and do not follow the temptation of the gain: you must fix a limit to your bets and respect it rigorously.
There are many variations of this gaming technique. Starting from the aforementioned basic principle, it is possible to increase the bet of the 50% in case you are losing and to decrease the bet of the 20% in case you are winning, for example.
Example of how you can apply the d’Alambert betting system
We propose you a complete reconstruction of a roulette match, in which a player has chosen to apply the d’Alambert betting system. In the initial bet a unit corresponds to 25.
- During the first turn, s/he bets on Black. The roulette gives Red. According to the d’Alambert technique, s/he places a bet of 25 units and will have a deficit of -25.
- During the second turn, s/he bets on Black again. The roulette gives Red. S/he places an amount of 50 units and will have a deficit of -25-50=-75.
- During the third turn, s/he bets on more time on Black. The roulette gives Red. S/he places an amount of 75 and will have a deficit of -75-75=-150.
- During the fourth turn, s/he bets on Red while the marble stops on Black. His/her gains increase to a total of -150+100=-50.
- During the fifth turn, s/he bets on Black while the roulette gives Red. The deficit will be of -50-75=-125.